Building Back Better: Utilizing Lessons Learned During COVID-19 for Inclusivity and Retention
Thursday, October 14, and Thursday, Oct 21: 2-3 p.m. ET
Join the Association of Clinicians for the Underserved’s (ACU) STAR2 Center and experts from Ainey Volion Consulting for a webinar on inclusivity in the workplace for people with physical disabilities, people that are d/Deaf, blind, and visually impaired, and neurodiverse people. According to Fortune, this autumn, 65 percent of employees are seeking new jobs, up from 36 percent in May. These workers are requiring equitable compensation, flexible work environments, and inclusive cultures – making justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion more critical every day. This webinar series will provide participants with information and tools to use for increased inclusivity. Taking the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic, folks will be able to work toward building a culture of belonging for everyone, with a focus on individuals with disabilities and neurodiverse people.
- Understand how to recruit people that have various disabilities
- Identify ways in which to effectively and respectfully communicate with people who have various disabilities
- Implement lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and working from home
- Understand accommodations that may be needed or asked for by the workforce
Ainey Volion Consulting wants participants to know that this is a safe space to ask questions about working and engaging with people with disabilities.
Want to be informed about other upcoming webinars on health equity for underserved populations? Join our mailing list!
- Rickii Ainey, Lead Consultant, Ainey Volion Consulting
- Ashley Volion, PhD, Lead Consultant, Ainey Volion Consulting
More Resources for Health Center Workforce Recruitment, Retention, and Inclusivity
In addition to this webinar on inclusivity and retention in health centers, a variety of resources for improving underserved communities’ access to quality, patient-centered care by building strong, inclusive health center workforces is available in our health equity webinar archives.