About ACU's Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Initiative
The Association of Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU) believes that efforts to improve workforce wellbeing and resiliency and eliminate health inequities must reinforce justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). ACU developed its JEDI Initiative to serve as a resource for stakeholders working to advance JEDI in their organizations. In addition to providing educational resources and trainings, ACU’s JEDI Initiative assists organizations with assessments, strategic plans, staff training plans, and general technical assistance for JEDI efforts. In 2022 alone, ACU’s JEDI program reached more than 60 organizations.
JEDI Orientation Series for Healthcare Workers (Free E-courses)
Free e-courses are available to equip healthcare workers with foundational information related to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion concepts and principles. A certificate of completion can be downloaded or printed after completing the course assessments. ACU’s JEDI Orientation Series for Healthcare Workers is funded in part by UnitedHealth.
Understanding how racism contributes to health disparities and inequities is important for delivering high-quality and compassionate person-centered care. The course will help you identify the ways in which racism manifests in the healthcare system and in the community at large so you can work towards challenging racism and dismantling it.
This course is helpful for creating a culture where everyone can speak openly and honestly about how we can advance JEDI within our organizations and communities. It encourages a culture of bravery in which people call attention to bias and discrimination – despite any discomfort or power dynamics – and it encourages a culture of grace to support continuous learning and growth for ourselves and our peers.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Understanding the Concepts (available summer 2023)
- Webinar: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Among Health Professionals (March 2023)
- Recommendations for Addressing Hate Crimes in the Primary Care Setting (February 2023)
- Health Center Excellence: Essential Steps in Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (February 2022)
- Webinar: Identifying and Eliminating Structural Racism within Organizations to Achieve Health Equity (February 2022)
- Webinar: Clinician Perspectives on Racism in the Health Care Workforce (June 23, 2021)
- Webinar Series: Building an Inclusive Organization (May 2021)
- Building an Inclusive Organization Tool Kit (March 2021)
To request a training, technical assistance, or learn more about ACU’s JEDI Initiative, please contact Sabrina Edgington, Senior Director of JEDI Initiatives, email@example.com.