The Association of Clinicians for the Underserved regularly provides guidance and perspective to members of the press center on critical issues in care for the underserved.
We are the leading voice for clinicians serving underserved communities throughout the United States, as well as the National Health Service Corps. Our staff and members lay claim to a tremendous wealth of knowledge on topics such as suicide prevention in primary care, vision services for the underserved, and the health center workforce.
If you are a media representative and would like to learn more about the ACU, our work, or our perspective, please contact Rick Brown, Associate Director of Communications & Membership.
Associate Director of Communications & Membership
Selected Recent Articles Featuring ACU
- The Lowell Sun: “Lowell High Students ‘Seen’ at New School-Based Eye Clinic” (February 17, 2023)
- Becker’s Hospital Review: “Unacceptable and Preventable:” Medical Associations Respond to Tyre Nichols’ Death (February 1, 2023)
- Marianas Variety: “CHCC joins Association of Clinicians for the Underserved” (November 30, 2022)
- Advisory Board: “Assistant Physicians: Improving Access to Care–Or Impeding Health Equity?” (August 4, 2022)
- PBS NewsHour: Health Care Leaders Testify on Workforce Shortage (2021.05.20, Featuring Testimony by ACU Board Member Shelley Spires)
- MedPageToday: Multiple Solutions Needed for Health Workforce Shortage, Senators Told (2021.05.20, Featuring Testimony by ACU Board Member Shelley Spires)
- The Washington Post: “Opinion: D.C.’s Lack of Translation Is a Health Issue – And a Civil Rights Issue” (2021.04.13, Editorial by Former ACU Staff Member Lois Wessel)
- PBS NewsHour: “In Rural Areas with Health Care Shortages, These Doctors Are Answering the Call” (2021.04.09)
- The Dallas Morning News: “Our Health System Is Not Equipped to Vaccinate Rural Communities” (2021.04.11, Editorial by ACU Board Member Dr. Adrian Billings)
- ABC: “Millions Live in ‘Pharmacy Deserts’ with Limited Access to COVID-19 Vaccine in US” (2021.03.11, Featuring ACU Board Member Dr. Adrian Billings)
- Healthcare Finance: “Improving Outcomes for Expectant Black Women Is Focus During HIMSS Global Health Equity Week” (2020.10.22, Featuring ACU Executive Director Amanda Pears Kelly)