The Association of Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU) leads several initiatives to increase access to care, address health care needs, and share best practices for delivering care to underserved populations. The Workforce Training Specialist creates, administers and delivers a variety of training modalities to Federally Qualified Health Centers and those that support the Health Center Program.
Workforce Training Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Support ACU’s STAR2 Center
The majority of the Workforce Training Specialist’s time will support the work of ACU’s STAR2 Center. The ACU’s Solutions, Training, and Assistance for Recruitment and Retention (STAR²) Center provides resources, training, and technical assistance to help Health Center Program grantees with their clinician workforce challenges and questions. This position will have specific emphasis on the Bureau of Primary Healthcare’s Health Professions Education and Training (HP-ET) initiative to assist in fulfillment of those deliverables for the STAR2 Center.
- Participate in STAR2 Center planning and strategy meetings to develop and design project deliverables
- Support the execution of STAR2 Center deliverables including presenting in webinars, learning collaboratives and in-person trainings
- Develop written materials and “one pagers” on various workforce topics including health professions education and training in conjunction with project leadership
- Assist with the development of online learning courses in the STAR2 Center’s online learning management system platform
- Provide technical assistance related to workforce needs to health centers, Primary Care Associations and Health Center Controlled Networks, and other related organizations
- Review emerging materials for inclusion in the STAR2 Center’s online resource center
- Track and evaluate training efforts alongside the Project Manager
- Assist in development of project updates and progress reports as needed for reporting purposes to the Bureau of Primary Healthcare
- Other projects as necessary
Support Other ACU Initiatives as Needed
As a member of the ACU team, support may be needed to carry out activities relating to work outside the STAR2 Center. Other tasks such as, but not limited to:
- Participating in various meetings relating to the ACU Annual Conference
- Supporting the ACU Annual Conference on a virtual or in-person basis
- 2-5 Years of experience
- Experience with Microsoft platforms, learning management systems as well as Salesforce
- Training experience
- Travel for trainings, involving roughly 10-20% of time
ACU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its programs or activities. As an Employer of National Service, ACU recognizes the unique skills of national service alumni. Accordingly, AmeriCorps alumni, returned Peace Corps volunteers and other national service participants are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Abby Miller Starling, Director of Finance & Human Relations, with any questions regarding this position.
- Washington, D.C.