Shelley Spires is currently the CEO of Albany Area Primary Health Care, Inc. where she has worked for the past 19 years. She received her Bachelor’s Degree from Georgia Southwestern University in Human Resource Management in 1998. From 1998 – 2000, Shelley served as Human Resource Director for America’s Counseling Service. In 2000, Shelley worked for Dooly County Medical Center until it closed in 2001. At that time, Shelley went on to serve as Human Resource Director for Albany Area Primary Health Care, Inc. With much support and encouragement from her boss and family, Shelley went on to pursue her Master’s of Science with a concentration in Health Care Management from Troy State University in 2003. She served as Human Resource Director until 2009 when she was promoted to Deputy Director for Albany Area Primary Health Care, Inc. In 2013, the CEO announced his plans to retire and the Board of Directors started a search committee for the next CEO. At that time Shelley applied and was offered the job effective September 2015.
- 2015 Small Town America’s 100 Most Influential People
- 40 under 40 for Dougherty County
- 2013 Graduate of Leadership Albany
- Member of “Two Georgia’s “Campaign with the Health Care Georgia Foundation
- Chair of the Recruitment and Retention Committee for the Georgia Association of Primary Health Care, Inc.
- Member of Rural Committee for the National Association of Community Health Centers
- Member of the Legislative Committee for the National Association of Community Health Centers
- Member of the Behavioral Health Committee for the National Association of Community Health Centers
- Member of the Dougherty County Rotary
I have a wonderful husband, Jason, and we have one beautiful daughter, Sara Beth. All of my achievements and accomplishments would not be possible without the support of my wonderful family and the Good Lord Himself.