Did you miss an entry in our STAR² Center’s “Mitigating Burnout and Maintaining Provider Satisfaction During Vaccination Rollouts” webinar series? You can now view webinar recordings and slides from each session. Review the entire series or read below to access individual presentations.
About the “Mitigating Burnout and Maintaining Provider Satisfaction During Vaccination Rollouts” Series
The COVID-19 pandemic forced health centers to change the way health care is delivered. Virtual health care visits were widely and quickly implemented and staff were redeployed to accommodate the demand for testing. This rapid change in health care delivery came with significant challenges including changes in staffing and care team makeup, furloughs, lack of PPE at the beginning of the pandemic, and fear of infection for those in direct contact with patients. As health centers continue to meet community needs related to the pandemic and engage in mass vaccination efforts, it will be important to consider lessons learned over the past year. In this webinar series, our STAR² Center explored provider burnout and satisfaction in the context of the pandemic, lessons learned, and strategies that health centers can take to mitigate burnout and maintain provider satisfaction in the next several months.
About the Sessions
- Session 1 – Engagement Strategies to Mitigate Burnout During Vaccination Rollout (03/31/21)
- Ann Loeffler, MSPH, PMP, Consultant
- Sabrina Edgington, MSSW, Director of Learning and Curriculum Design, Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
- Session 2 – Strategies to Support Provider Satisfaction Among Nurses in the Pandemic Workplace (04/07/21)
- Emily Grace Kane, MPA, Senior Program Manager, National Nurse-Led Care Consortium
- Dr. Mary Thornton-Bowmer DNP, MSN, CRNP, FNP-BC, Lead Nurse Practitioner/Primary Care Coordinator, The Stephen and Sandra Sheller, 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University, Family Practice & Counseling Network
- Taraya Gibson, MPH, BSN, RN, CHES, Clinical Care Manager RN, The Stephen & Sandra Sheller, 11th Street Family Health Services
- Session 3 – Evolving Care Team Models in the Context of the Pandemic and Strategies to Assess Provider Satisfaction (04/21/21)
- Mary Blankson, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, FAAN, Chief Nursing Officer, CHC, Inc.
- Kasey Harding MPH, Director for Center for Key Populations, CHC, Inc.
- Gary Wallace Director of Community Engagement and Relations, CHC, Inc.
- Marie Yardis, Director of Access to Care, CHC, Inc.
- Stephen Scholand, MD, Infectious Disease Physician, Midstate Medical Center