The Association of Clinicians is excited to announce a new partnership with Healthcare Ready to improve health center preparedness and response for wildfires and other disasters. Since 2006, Healthcare Ready has worked across public and private sectors to develop resilient communities through disaster preparedness efforts. In 2020, Healthcare Ready responded to 900 requests for pandemic assistance and coordinated over 15 million donations of PPE. With the support of the Centene Foundation for Quality Healthcare, ACU and Healthcare Ready have joined forces to support health centers in their disaster preparedness efforts through capacity-building trainings that address state-specific disaster preparedness needs.
As part of our partnership with Healthcare Ready and with support from the Centene Foundation for Quality Healthcare, the Association of Clinicians for the Underserved invited our community to attend a wildfire preparedness training for your community health center (CHC), “California CHC Wildfire Preparedness and Response Training.”
During this training, health center staff had the opportunity to review and discuss:
- The 2021 wildfire season forecast and hazard specific considerations;
- Emergency response systems and how CHCs can plug in; and
- Emergency response principles, including a deep dive on coordination and collaboration with partners before, during, and after a disaster.
- Amanda Willard, Senior Program Coordinator of Dental & Emergency Preparedness at the California Primary Care Association
- Angie Im, Research Manager at Healthcare Ready