Originally Presented on Thursday, November 3: 11 a.m.-12 p.m. ET
The struggle to achieve health equity takes many forms, and the alliances necessary to support these initiatives include a variety of community, national, and global partnerships. How can we create and leverage these partnerships to better support health centers and create meaningful impact for the marginalized patients they serve? Our panel discussion shared insights from a health center leader who has forged community partnerships to improve health equity—as well as national and regional perspectives and context from Pfizer’s Multicultural Health Equity Collective and the Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health.
Featuring voices from a health center stakeholder and national experts, this webinar provided tips on building partnerships, shared lessons learned in implementation, and more.
Want to be informed about upcoming webinars on strategies to advance health equity for underserved populations? Join our mailing list!
- Melissa Bishop-Murphy, JD, MBA, Senior Director, National Government Relations and Multicultural Affairs, Pfizer Inc.
- Mia T. Masten, Senior Director, Patient Advocacy, Pfizer Global Health and Social Impact, Corporate Affairs
- Shelley Spires, CEO, Albany Area Primary Health Care
- Tenyá Blackwell, DrPH, MS, Director of Community Engagement and Research, Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health (AAIUH); Clinical Assistant Professor, SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
- Rick Brown, Associate Director of Communications and Membership, Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
Learn More about Advancing Health Equity and Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
It is crucial for health centers to take active steps to develop more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforces to make true progress in achieving health equity. To help address this, the Association of Clinicians for the Underserved’s STAR² Center hosted a free webinar series highlighting strategies for Building an Inclusive Organization from May 18-20, 2021. View webinars in this series.