Two recorded webinars on comprehensive asthma management are now available online from ACU. One webinar is in English, and the second, intended for community health workers, is available in Spanish. The two webinars compliment ACU’s other asthma online professional resources. The goal of both webinars is to improve the quality of asthma care by training health care providers to incorporate in their care plans culturally and linguistically appropriate education on environmental asthma trigger management.
The webinars were originally offered on July 25, 2012 (English) and July 26, 2012 (Spanish).
- The Federal Asthma Disparities Action Plan: a multi-level federal coordinated asthma plan
- Comprehensive asthma management within the Patient Centered Medical Home Model
- The 2007 the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP) Guidelines with emphasis on environmental trigger management
- Electronic health record (EHR) asthma clinical decision support and patient self management tools
- Low literacy and multilingual asthma resources
Building an Asthma Care Home: Engaging Clinicians, Patients and Caregivers in Comprehensive Asthma Management
Speakers: Lois Wessel, CFNP, Associate Director of Programs for ACU and Anna Gard, FNP, Disparities Consultant to ACU. Length: 1:08
El Papel de Los Promotoras en Promover Un Hogar Libre de Factores del Asma
Speakers: Ruth Escobar, Community Health Worker, Montgomery Country (MD) Latino Health Initiative & Lois Wessel, FNP. Length: 46 minutes