The Association of Clinicians for the Underserved’s first-ever Virtual Conference took place from September 14-18, 2020. Our online symposium spotlighted emerging issues and innovative practices in delivering health care to underserved populations. Offering three unique tracks— Workforce, Disparities, and Practice Models—as well as exciting general sessions and keynotes, this trandisciplinary event offered critical training for clinicians, administrators, and advocates alike.
As with our in-person conferences, this CME-accredited symposium allowed attendees to customize their experience and select the sessions most exciting and relevant to them. Whether you’re interested in decreasing physician burnout, confronting implicit bias, implementing harm reduction, or understanding connections between COVID-19 and health equity, attendees found information to sharpen your practice and inform your advocacy at our Virtual Conference.
- 20 sessions on health care for underserved populations
- A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion address from Michael Curry, NAACP Board Member & Deputy CEO and General Counsel, MA League of Community Health Centers
- A Closing Keynote Presentation from Dr. J. Nwando Olayiwola, MD, MPH, FAAFP, award-winning health equity advocate and Chair and Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine at the Ohio State University College of Medicine and Wexner Medical Center
- A Bureau of Health Workforce update
- A special STAR2 Center session on building health center workforces
- And much more!