Listed below are key resources to help clinicians, individuals and small businesses understand the new Health Insurance Marketplace where consumers can purchase health insurance coverage. The initial enrollment period is slated to run October 1, 2013 – March 31, 2014. Those who sign up by December 15, 2013 will be covered beginning January 1, 2014.
For Health Care Providers and Advocates
Health Insurance Marketplace – Training materials for consumer assisters, presentation slides and speaker notes, and overview of the SHOP marketplace
The Advocate’s Guide to MAGI (modified adjusted gross income) from the National Health Law Program – Contains information on new rules under the Affordable Care Act for counting income and family size to determine eligibility for subsidized programs through the Marketplace, Medicaid, and CHIP.
- Healthcare.gov – The Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Obamacare and You – Learn how the Affordable Care Act will affect different groups of people
- Get Covered – A one page guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace
- How to Use the Marketplace
- How Much Will it Cost?
- Options for the Unemployed
- Frequently Asked Questions – More than 150 questions and answers provide guidance to consumers about the law and how it applies to people in different circumstances
- Other Consumer Resources, including a health insurance subsidy calculator and animated videos summarizing the law in English and Spanish
- Cancer Insurance Checklist – Contains information for people with cancer, a history of cancer or who are at risk for cancer
- Office of Refugee Resettlement – ACA resources for refugees
- Frequently Asked Questions – The Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Justice-Involved Populations from Community Oriented Correction Health Services-
For Small Businesses
- The SHOP Marketplace for small businesses is the official website for small businesses to learn more and enroll
- Enrollment Resources for Small Businesses – Information compiled by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
For All Audiences
- State Participation in the Affordable Care Act’s Expansion of Medicaid Eligibility – An interactive map to see which states are expanding Medicaid, pursuing a customized expansion, not expanding or are undecided. Also, see how the expansion of Medicaid eligibility will impact the uninsured in each state.
- The Health Reform Resource Center: What’s in the Affordable Care Act? - Timeline for major provisions of the Affordable Care Act and a tool to search for specific provisions by year, category and/or stakeholder group