It is membership renewal time – most ACU memberships expire at the end of 2012. Since no one wants to receive (or send) renewal reminders over the holidays, we are offering an incentive for those who renew early. Don’t worry — since ACU membership is based on a calendar year, we won’t cut short your benefits if you renew before your membership expires.
Here are 13 more reasons — a baker’s dozen — to renew your membership now:
- Networking – a directory of ACU members in your community and a new Audio Story Bank
- Jobs and career advice in the ACU Career Center
- Daily updates – via Facebook and Twitter
- Savings such as members-only conference rates, including ACU’s Health IT for the Underserved Conference in March 2013.
- Scholarships – to the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Open School or annual conference
- Opportunity to publish in the Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved
- TobaccoFree and a new mobile app to measure nicotine dependence (coming soon)
- Journal of Health Care for the Poor & Underserved, 4 issues plus supplements
- Clinician & Community, monthly e-newsletter
- An ACU wall calendar with culturally appropriate health messages for your home or office
- Representation in Washington on health policies that affect you and your patients
- Leadership opportunities via the ACU Committees
- Tax deduction – as a charitable organization, your ACU dues are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.